We always welcome help! A couple of ways to get involved are:
Volunteer listener – Our volunteer listeners go out and collect information from people who have used maternity services in Hillingdon.
All volunteers are fully supported and given training. We will cover expenses and childcare where applicable. We would like you to commit at least one to two hours per month. Activities could include:
- Asking for feedback at your local baby group, children’s centre etc
- Obtaining feedback for current MVP engagement projects/questionnaires
- Visiting clinical areas e.g. Walk the patch in Hillingdon hospital’s antenatal or postnatal ward on behalf of the MVP
All volunteers will meet with the MVP Committee on a regular basis to look at the feedback you have collated and we will look for themes to be discussed at MVP Committee meetings (all volunteers and their children welcome to attend).
Committee member – Our Committee members attend meetings 6 times a year at Hillingdon hospital with maternity services representatives to discuss key feedback themes.
Our Committee members are fully supported and given training opportunities.
We will cover expenses and childcare where applicable. We would like you to commit at least two to three hours per month. Activities could include:
- speaking with our volunteer listeners to identify the top issues to raise about maternity services
- obtaining and reviewing feedback for current MVP engagement projects and questionnaires
- visiting clinical areas e.g. antenatal hospital areas on behalf of the MVP
- writing stories for or running the MVP twitter and website
Do get in touch to discuss how you can contribute or if you’d like to attend one of our meetings!